2022 UPPER MIDWEST GIRLS HS ELITE LEAGUE
GAME RULES & PROCEDURES
The following rules have been established for the 2022 MN Girls HS Elite League in conjunction with USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey.
- All games will be played under USA Hockey Rules as modified by Minnesota Hockey.
- Minor penalties will be 2 minutes.
- Major penalties will be 5 minutes.
- Icing is ALLOWED during penalties for the shorthanded team.
- Tag-up offsides.
- Hybrid Icing- Within the hybrid system the linesman determines whether a play will be called icing based on which player reaches the tops of the face-off circles first. If the linesman feels the attacking player will be the first to the puck, icing is waived off. If the linesman believes the defending player will eventually win the sprint to the puck, the whistle is blown.
- 3-minute warm-up.
- Game Length (1h 30m)- Each game will consist of three (3) 17-minute stop time periods. Ice resurfacing will occur every two periods. There will be a one (1) minute intermission between periods that do not have a resurface.
- Running time will commence if the goal separation is 6 goals or more at ANY time during the game.
- One time-out allowed per game.
- Teams must have USA Hockey rostered players and coaches. Head coaches must be accurately listed for each game.
- Pucks will be provided by the Girls HS Elite League staff for all games.